Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ARTIST?

A few days after attending the Creative Chicago Expo 2011 I got a nice email from Alyson, the Membership Director for Chicago Artists Coalition, with a great membership deal.

Now honestly, I had not heard of this organization before... then again, I somehow made it almost 10 years after college without knowing about the Graphic Artists Guild. So I may not be exactly cutting-edge. All the more reason to hook up with an organization that is putting on events (and giving away money! Cha-Ching!)



I'll definitely post about the CAC experiences as they come up... for now keep us in mind for our end-of-the-month Guild meeting at Thai Spoon in the Loop...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't start this post as an ad, though. The title was actually me asking myself

"What ever happened to me as an artist?"

The more I blog, take graphic design jobs, and spend hours on Lynda training on YouTube and Soundbooth and Flash, the less time I am spending in Gouache, Watercolor, Pen & Ink. I hadn't realized it in my gut until I clicked onto the CAC site and was confronted with scads of what could only be described as "Art".

Not Design.

Not Illustration.

Luckily, the magic of the internet keeps me in touch with a few of my more productive cohorts from college.

Cat York
Tina Druce-Hoffman
Bethany Vanderputten
Neil Klemz

Thanks to y'all for reminding me to draw!

Now I just gotta get do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment